Looking for new writing to inspire you in 2013?
Here are a few blogs by creatives I’ve been enjoying:
- terribleminds by Chuck Wendig — epithet-laced motivational writing for writers
- Shaden Productions Blog by Brooke Shaden — musings on art and being an artist by a fine art photographer
- 99u by Behance — helping creatives achieve their goals
- The Art of Non-Conformity by Chris Guillebeau — living life according to your own dreams, not society’s standards
For wilderness, I’d recommend:
- Inside the Mountain’s Skin by Mary in Oregon — writing about her relationship with wilderness
- Semi-Rad by Brendan Leonard — reflections on adventuring and living a fulfilling life through the outdoors
- The Printed Land by Ian Hill — writing about landscape and experiences in the countryside
And here’s my favorite Cascadia Inspired writing from 2012:
- How to Get Outside More Often — tips for making it easy for yourself to get outside more often. Seasonally appropriate too!
- Finding My Mountain — looking for a new mountain to call my own as I make my home in the Northwest
- A Lull in the Storm — running by the lake during a break in a big storm
- Reject the Tasteocracy — standing beside my likes and dislikes
- Environmental Lessons, Past and Future — patterns of environmental problems and solutions from the industrial revolution to the present
What have you been reading lately? What would you recommend to read in 2013?