What is Cascadia Inspired?
Cascadia Inspired is a blog devoted to helping you explore and preserve your wild home. Everyone can find inspiration in nature, whether to create, act, or simply live differently. This blog aims to get people outside and inspired to make art or take action based on their experiences in nature.
I am sharing my journey of deepening my creative and emotional connection to the Pacific Northwest (Cascadia) since moving here in 2008.
What You’ll Find on Cascadia Inspired
Topics encompass creative inspiration, outdoor lifestyle, and environmental conservation. Posts fall under several main categories:
- Reflection: discuss ponderings on creativity, wilderness, and active lifestyle
- Appreciation: appreciate an overlooked or underloved aspect of nature or outdoors living
- Reading List: discover new books to read
Favorite Thinking Posts
- Finding My Mountain
- A Lull in the Storm
- (Can’t Live) With or Without…Inspiration?
- PNW Nature in Comics Art
- Excursion: take a virtual trip to the PNW with a photo slideshow of a natural area
- Inspiration: get inspired with art roundups and ideas for creative and conservation projects
- Art & Graphic Design: original graphic design and art by Cascadia Inspired
- Playlist: listen to music inspired by the seasons
- Local Bites: get recipes and food inspiration for seasonal produce
Favorite Sensing Posts
- Mount Rainier in Late Summer
- Darkening Mornings Playlist
- The ‘7S’ Equation for Vegetarian Wraps and Sandwiches
- How To: implement life hacks for creatives and outdoor enthusiasts
- Nature Lesson: improve your naturalist skills, learn about PNW ecosystems, and get ideas for conserving your wild home
- Motivation: find motivation to complete tough projects
- Artist Resources: get free tools, like photo textures, for creating your own work
Favorite Doing Posts
- How to Get Outside More Often
- Complete a Creative Annual Review to Improve Your Work
- Carnivore Conservation: The Why and How
- My Hardest Months: Surviving the Winter
Other Ways to Get Inspired
- Subscribe to the Cascadia Inspired RSS feed.
- Follow Cascadia Inspired on Pinterest for inspiring art and design influenced by nature and wildlife.
- Follow me on Twitter for my creative and green living ventures and environmental news and thoughts.