Blog for Cascadia Inspired
Become a Guest Blogger
If you are interested in guest blogging, email me at tracy [at] cascadiainspired.com with a writing sample and a proposal for your topic. Posts should fit our site mission and themes, include at least one image, and if they are text-based, be about 500 to 1000 words. This is a creative blog, so I’m open to out-of-the-box post ideas!
Become a Staff Blogger
Cascadia Inspired is a young blog and needs more collaborators to represent a broader area of the Pacific Northwest. I’m looking for bloggers from the Cascadia bioregion — Washington, Oregon, Idaho, western Montana, western British Columbia, and southern Alaska — for an initial commitment of two blog posts per month for three months. Textual blog posts would be 300 to 1000 words and include at least one image. Non-textual post styles could include artist features, playlists, photo series, and seasonal menus / recipes.
- Blog twice a month on scheduled dates on an approved topic of your choice
- Make an image or find a CC-licensed image to accompany your blog post
- Moderate and respond to comments on your blog posts
- Link to your blog post on blog’s facebook and twitter accounts and follow related conversation there
- Skilled writer with personality
- Reliable and responsive
- Experienced blogging (esp. using wordpress) or using other social media platforms — preferred but not required
- Enthusiastic about art, the outdoors, building a PNW identity, or conserving nature — preferably all of the above
If you’re interested, send me an email at tracy [at] cascadiainspired.com to introduce yourself. Please include a comparable writing sample and a link to your blog if applicable. Then we can figure out if you’d be a good fit. I look forward to hearing from you!