Writing Stats for Aug 14-20, 2017
- Starting word count: 135,830
- End word count: 137,103
- New words written: 1,973
- Scrivener hours (per Rescue Time): 4 hours 45 minutes
- Editing hours (estimate): 1 hour 15 minutes
status updates for the week
- Edited / rewrote second scene in Chapter 11
- Finished writing scene in Chapter 15
- Outlined half of scene in Chapter 15
- Edited half of Chapter 16
- Edited / rewrote Chapter 17
Did a smidge of work at home – I find it easiest to transpose my paper edits into the computer on my desktop, not my surface – especially with my nifty document holder ;)
Tried out another downtown coffee shop for my afternoon writing session. It’s too busy to get a spot in the mornings, so I had written it off, but the afternoon appears to be mellow enough to get a table. Better snacks but worse tea. Decisions, decisions!
Tested out the coffee shop I’m on the fence about for a weekend morning writing sesh. Managed to snag a nice table though the place was pretty busy. I find it challenging to get work done at home on the weekends (OK, all the time), so adding a Sunday morning writing session could let me have a guilt-free afternoon off (y’know, except for producing this report).
It can be hard to give myself a day off of writing. Yesterday I fought with myself all day but wound up not writing a word, continually distracted. I went part-time at work to allow myself more writing time, which lines up pretty well for what I actually write – I usually write about 10 hours a week, bringing me to 40 hours a week of “working”. It’s challenging to accept that and not try to bully myself into writing more. Am I being lazy? Or am I writing the amount that is reasonable for me in a week, and giving myself the leisure time I need?
work Plan for Next week
- Outline remainder of scene in Chapter 15
- Write scene in Chapter 15
- Finish editing and revise Chapter 16
- Edit and revise Chapter 18
- Edit and revise Chapter 6
- Outline Chapter 19