I’m combining two weeks of writing updates since I was on vacation over the Fourth of July weekend :)
Writing Stats for June 26-July 9, 2017
- Starting word count: 148,210
- End word count: 144,583 (cleared out some outline docs and unused scene)
- New words written: 3,509
- Scrivener hours (per Rescue Time): 6 hours 30 minutes (RescueTime was apparently not connected for five days, so this is an underestimate)
- Editing hours (estimate): 1 hour
status updates for the week
- Wrote last scene in Chapter 8
- Wrote last scene in Chapter 11
- Wrote Chapter 14
- Revised Chapter 2
I’m very close to finishing part one!
I tried out a new coffee shop for my weekly writing meetup. The table and chairs were comfortable and the tea was good, but the space was a little loud and cool after the AC kicked on. We’ll probably give it another shot. I’m hoping to try biking there :)
I painted an accent wall in my office: hot pink! Hopefully personalizing my space a little and getting rid of some of the bleh taupe covering my whole house will make me enjoy the space more. I’m also testing out my desk in a different placement, but I’m getting a little window glare.
Got together for a couple NaNo-style word war parties this week, which is fun for a change, although I produce better with long, sustained writing blocks.
work Plan for Next week
Finish part one!
- Outline and write remaining scene for Chapter 6
- Write / revise Chapter 9
- Revise Chapter 10
- Decide what should actually happen in Chapter 13 – and either write or revise existing chapter
- Review outline of Part Two and revise as needed