Writing Stats for April 17-23, 2017
- Starting word count: 130,190
- End word count: 134,949
- Scrivener hours (per Rescue Time): 4 hours
- Outlining (estimate): 1 hour 45 minutes
status updates for the week
I got a cold two weeks ago that really knocked me out, and having Norwescon the weekend right after didn’t help. I spent a lot of my creative time this week working on my artwork for Liminal Stories rather than writing.
At this year’s Norwescon, I didn’t learn so much as get inspired and think about what type of story I want to tell. I’ve struggled with the beginning and decided this week to add back in several chapters that I previously removed, including the prologue.
- Reorganized opening and some middle scenes
- Roughly outlined chapter 8
- Quick slash of text that I know I’m not going to use in adapting existing scenes
work Plan for Next week
I’m keeping my work plan light because I still need to color my Liminal artwork.
- Refine outline for Chapter 8
- Write Chapter 8