I’m trying out a monthly review for the first time.
what did I make last month?
- Total Words Written: 6,676
- Total Hours Writing (Scrivener): 21 hours 30 minutes
- Total Hours Editing (estimate): 4 hours 40 minutes
I reached an exciting milestone in my novel revision, wrapping up the first part of the novel.
How I stayed productive on creative goals
Gaps and Challenges in My Creative Practice
- The closing of my favorite coffee shop has put a little damper in my writing practice. I’m looking for a replacement that I like. My after-work replacement seems good, but I’m not sold on my new weekly meetup location.
- After reaching my milestone, my progress dried up, and I took a full week off from writing. I think I need a better system for setting milestones and creating a workplan with deadlines that I’m accountable to – right now I have the weekly workplan I put together each Sunday for what I hope to accomplish that week, but I don’t have mid-term deadlines for myself.
What to try to produce creative work in august
- Keep going to my regular writing sessions
- Try to make a timeline for the entire next part of the book, and a goal for the overall completion
- Reinstate my daily Pomodoro requirement (at least one 25-minute writing session) Continue reading