Creatively Productive — doing pretty well
- After years of putting it off, I finally created a Society6 shop and uploaded six designs! One thing I get to cross off the creative bucket list ;) Five were adapted from previous work, and I created one new illustration.
- I re-read the draft of my Beauty and the Beast retelling that I wrote during NaNoWriMo. It’s worth finishing, phew! And I think the scene cards are working — I didn’t find any scenes that obviously needed to be removed.
- I started re-reading the draft of my work-in-progress novel. I spent a lot of time over the spring reworking the first quarter, and I think that work paid off.
- I did two outlining sessions and one actual writing session, where I wrote 2800 words over 5 pomodoros :)
- I completed a creative annual review for my writing and graphic design productivity, work and practice. I evaluated how I did in 2017, and set goals for 2018.
Creative Work I want to Accomplish In January
- Finish re-reading WIP novel draft
- Write more of Beauty and the Beast first draft
- Write scenes I’ve already created scene cards for
- Prepare additional scene cards, and finish preparing the ones I’ve started
- Goal = finish writing Act 2
process goals for Creative Work In January
I’m going to try following the creative process goals outlined in my 2017 creative annual review:
- Complete 7 Pomodoros a week
- Continue attending group writing sessions, and re-start solo writing sessions
- Draw one day a week